The EVgo Reservations™ program gives you peace of mind that a charger will be available at your destination on your schedule. Anyone with an EVgo account can reserve chargers in advance at participating locations.
You can make EVgo Reservations™ from the EVgo app or on the web:
From the EVgo app, you can find chargers that accept reservations by using your filters. From the map filters, scroll until you see Only Show Stations with EVgo Reservations™ and tap the checkbox. You can also find a list of participating locations on the EVgo Reservations™ page.
If you need additional assistance with EVgo Reservations™, feel free to review our EVgo Reservations™ FAQ page or contact the EVgo Charging Crew at 877-494-3833. Our team is available to support you 24/7, 365 days a year!
Reserve a charger on the EVgo app
We recommend that you make a charger reservation from the EVgo app on your mobile device. After you tap the charging location to open the charger details, you can:
- Locate the reservable charger (scrolling as needed)
- Tap the Reserve Charger button under its EVgo name
- Select your connector
- Select Reserve Now or Reserve Future Date
- Reserve Now: Reserve the charger for 20 minutes upon your confirmation
- Reserve Future Date: Select a date and time you'd like to reserve the charger
- If Reserve Now or Reserve Future Date are grayed out, then you will not be able to use those options at this time. This means either the charger is in use, already reserved, under maintenance, or unable to accept future reservations.
- Tap Next to review and confirm the details of your reservation
- Tap Confirm Reservation when everything looks correct!
After you arrive at the station, open the charger details in the EVgo app and tap Start Reserved Session! You can also start your reserved charging session using the RFID program card tied to your EVgo account.
At this time, Future reservations can only be made on the EVgo web portal (account.evgo.com). If you would like to make a reservation from your EVgo account on a web browser, please select the specific station from our list of EVgo Reservations™ Locations; you cannot filter for reservable chargers on account.evgo.com. You'll be taken to the reservable charger's Details page. After you select the plug type for your vehicle, you'll see the option to Reserve the charger.
Reserve a charger on the web (account.evgo.com)
If you would like to make a reservation from your EVgo account on a web browser, you should select the specific charger from our list of EVgo Reservations™ Locations. You'll be taken to the reservable charger's Details page if you click it from that page.
- From the charger details panel, select the connector type for your vehicle
- On the connector confirmation screen, select the Reserve by Date button
- Set the date and time when you'd like to reserve the charger
- You can reserve the charger up to two weeks in advance
- To reserve a charger the same day, you can choose a reservation time six (6) hours ahead of the current time. For more immediate reservations, use the EVgo app!
- Select Reserve
- Review and confirm your reservation details, including that you understand the terms and fees for making an EVgo Reservation™
- Depending on your plan, there may be a fee to make a reservation. For all EVgo Reservations™, a No-show fee is applied if you don't start a charging session during the 20 minute reservation time period.
- Future EVgo Reservations™ must be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance.
- Select Reserve to complete the reservation
When you arrive at the station during your reservation time period, pull up the charger details on the EVgo app and tap Start Reserved Session! You can also start your reserved charging session using the RFID program card tied to your EVgo account.
At this time, immediate reservations can only be made on the EVgo app. If you would like to make a reservation within 20 minutes from the current time, you should search for chargers that accept reservations using your filters. After you select the plug type for your vehicle, you'll see the option to Reserve the charger from the EVgo app.