There are three types of electric vehicles, and EVgo supports all models with a plug! Learn more about the types of electric vehicles that our network supports (and doesn't support).
Powered solely by an electric battery, BEVs have no gas engine parts and are zero emission vehicles. Most BEVs are capable of fast charging and L2 charging.
Learn more about Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs)
Within our network, we offer more than 850 fast-charging locations that serve all fast-charge capable battery electric vehicles (BEVs). Our marketing team has put together an interactive resource where you can confirm whether your vehicle is fast-charge capable: https://www.evgo.com/ev-drivers/types-of-evs/#3
Examples of unsupported charging
There are many vehicles which are technically electric, however are not supported by the EVgo network.
Attempting to charge an incompatible vehicle with an
We do not want you to risk damaging chargers or your vehicle, so if you are ever in doubt on whether you can charge at an EVgo station, please contact the EVgo Charging Crew. You can submit a request to the team alongside images of your vehicle and plug, or you can call the team at 877-494-3833 for urgent requests.
The below examples are not compatible with the EVgo network, and you should never attempt to charge these types of vehicles:
- Electric golf carts (or similar recreational vehicles)
- Vehicles converted from gas to electric
- Adapters and connectors not compatible with our network
- Adapters for vehicles which support a lower energy output than the EVgo charger
- Even if you have an adapter for your vehicle that works with an EVgo charging station, always be sure that your vehicle itself can support the energy from the station. If your vehicle is unable to support the energy output, the attempted charge could result in permanent damage to your vehicle.