If you have an EVgo account and received your EVgo RFID program card, then you can use it to quickly start a charge after it's been activated. The RFID program card is a great backup if you are charging in a location with a poor signal or simply prefer to start a charging session without using your mobile device.
- Start a charging session with your RFID program card
- Jump to quick tips from the EVgo Charging Crew
- Activate your RFID program card
- Request a replacement RFID program card
- Other ways to start a charge:
If you have any other questions or need additional support, please contact us! The EVgo Charging Crew is available for urgent issues by phone 24/7, 365 days a year at 877-494-3833.
Start a charging session with your RFID program card
When you arrive at the charger:
- Select the appropriate connector for your vehicle
Insert the connector into your EV’s charge port
- Be sure to listen for the click!
- Select the RFID payment option on the charger screen
Tap your RFID program card where indicated on the charger
- Be sure not to tap and remove the RFID card too quickly; it can help to almost rub the card against the RFID reader.
- Check that no other magnetic or electrical objects, like a phone, are interfering with the signal.
- On some chargers, you'll tap your RFID to the credit card reader.
- If you have signed up to receive alerts, you'll receive a notification that your vehicle has started a charge!
Quick tips from the EVgo Charging Crew:
Looking for more help?
Regardless of the issue, the EVgo Charging Crew is here to help, 24/7. We want every charge to be quick and easy to get you back on the road! Please call the EVgo Charging Crew for urgent support at 877-494-3833 or submit a request to our team that handles all billing matters.