While it's not generally recommended, you are able to start a charging session from a web browser. If you have an Android or Apple device, you will have the best experience using the EVgo app.
- Start a charging session on the web
- Check out our full Start a charge guide (with tips from the EVgo Charging Crew!)
- Other ways to start a charge:
If you have any other questions or need additional support, please contact us! The EVgo Charging Crew is available for urgent issues by phone 24/7, 365 days a year at 877-494-3833.
Start a charging session on the web
- If not already in the map view, select Find a Charger from the heading options
- In the left-hand search panel, enter your current city, address, or location
- Select a charging station from the left-hand panel list or from the map
- The map pin will tell you how many chargers are at the station and give you details on availability; learn more in our article Guide to EVgo map icons
- If you have a broad view of the map, you may see large circles indicating a number of stations located near each other. Click the circle to zoom into that area and see the station locations in more detail.
- From the Station Details, review the list of chargers at the station with details on the charger availability, charging speed, and cost to charge
- Select a charger to review its connectors and further details
- Select the connector you will use to charge
- Tap or click Connect & Swipe to start
Looking for more help?
Regardless of the issue, the EVgo Charging Crew is here to help, 24/7. We want every charge to be quick and easy to get you back on the road! Please call the EVgo Charging Crew for urgent support at 877-494-3833 or submit a request to our team that handles all billing matters.