The EVgo app is our #1 recommended way to start your charging session. With the EVgo app, you'll find additional station details to ensure the charger will meet your needs, and your sessions will always be tied to your EVgo account.
- Start a charging session with the EVgo app
- Jump to quick tips from the EVgo Charging Crew
- Other ways to start a charge:
If you have any other questions or need additional support, please contact us! The EVgo Charging Crew is available for urgent issues by phone 24/7, 365 days a year at 877-494-3833.
Start a charging session with the EVgo app
We've provided detailed steps (with tips from the EVgo Charging Crew!) below:
- Open the EVgo app when you arrive at the station
Tap your station location from the suggested nearby charging locations
- With location services enabled on your device, the app will often recognize the station right away. You can also search the charger or location name.
- The location name typically reflects the location itself, such as "Berwyn Public Parking Garage" or "Wawa Beltsville #0593"
Confirm the name of the charger you intend to use
- You can find the charger name above or below the charging screen.
Select the appropriate connector for your vehicle
- If the available connectors don't work for your vehicle, you can check other chargers at the location or review your filters on the EVgo map to find a location that better suits your needs
Plug the connector into your EV’s charge port
- Listen for a click to indicate a successful connection!
- If you start the charge before plugging in the connector, you'll have 120 seconds to plug the fast-charge connector into your vehicle.
- Tap the Start Charging button
- After confirming, the charger will work to sync with your vehicle. If the connection is successful, power will begin flowing to your car.
- You'll see an error message if the station is unable to recognize your vehicle.
- Confirm whether you'd like to receive push notifications about your charging session
When the charging session has successfully begun, the Charge Monitoring screen will appear in your EVgo app. You'll also receive a notification that your car has started a charge if you have signed up for alerts.
Quick tips from the EVgo Charging Crew:
If the EVgo app continues to give you trouble - maybe you receive a specific error message or there's a repeat issue at a specific charger - we highly recommend that you submit a request to the EVgo Charging Crew. By using this form, the team will have everything they need to further support you and escalate the issue to our internal product teams if needed.
Looking for more help?
Regardless of the issue, the EVgo Charging Crew is here to help, 24/7. We want every charge to be quick and easy to get you back on the road! Please call the EVgo Charging Crew for urgent support at 877-494-3833 or submit a request to our team that handles all billing matters.