We understand that life happens! If you no longer have your RFID program card - especially if it is lost or stolen - you should immediately suspend or deactivate* the card.
Your EVgo RFID program card is tied directly to your EVgo account. This means that anyone using your active RFID program card at an EVgo charger will be able to charge using your account and payment method. You can:
After suspending or deactivating your RFID program card, you can always request a new one! Learn more in our article: Request an RFID Program Card
*Suspending your RFID Program Card will allow you to reactivate it if you find it at a later date. Deactivating the card completely will remove it from your account entirely.
If you cannot suspend or deactivate your RFID Program Card right away, contact the EVgo Charging Crew at 877-494-3833. Our Call Center team can support you 24/7, 365 days a year.
If you'd like the team to issue a new card for you as well, they will request your full name and verify your address.
Suspend or deactivate from the EVgo app
- From the landing page, tap the menu icon (☰) in the top left
- Select Program Cards within the menu panel
- Select the card number you wish to suspend or deactivate
- Tap Suspend Card or Deactivate Card
Suspend a card on the web (account.evgo.com)
- From the landing page, select Profile
- Select Cards
- If you click Profile, you can then click Cards from the left-hand navigation panel
- Confirm the card number you wish to suspend
- Select Suspend
- If you would like to Deactivate the RFID program card entirely, you can do so from the EVgo app (see steps above)