Notifications are important to many in the EVgo community, and every new account has default settings which work for most members. That said, we know everyone's needs and preferences are different!
Select the platform you're using below for more information:
- Manage notification settings on the EVgo app
- Manage notification settings on the web (account.evgo.com)
- Notification methods
You can edit your notification settings from the EVgo app or from the web. The options are slightly different in each platform, and while you can manage these settings in both spaces, we recommend managing your notifications on the device where you most frequently use your EVgo account.
If you need additional assistance with updating your profile details, feel free to check out our EVgo Account FAQs or submit a request to the EVgo Charging Crew. The team is committed to answering all requests within a business day.
Regardless of where you manage your notification settings, the options on how to receive notifications will always be the same. Here's some added information on what to expect for SMS, Email, and Push/App notifications:
SMS (text) notifications
- When active, we'll send a text to the phone number tied to your EVgo account.
- Recommended for: We highly recommend enabling text notifications for any charging notifications.
- Helpful tips:
- This is a great option when you don't want to enable app notifications, but you want to receive an update on something right away.
- Note that we will always send a text to verify a phone number; you cannot opt out of text verification messages.
- Please be aware that standard text messaging rates from your carrier may apply.
- When active, we'll send a message to the email tied to your EVgo account.
- Recommended for: Account and/or RFID notifications
- Helpful tips:
- All account-related notifications will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to add this email ID to your contacts to avoid emails landing in your junk/spam folders.
- Note that we will always send an email for password updates, email verification, and important EVgo plan and membership updates.
- If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails, then you will need to unsubscribe directly on those email notifications
- You'll receive Push/App notifications if all of the following are true:
- The push/app notification is active in your EVgo account
- You have downloaded and logged into the EVgo app on your mobile device
- You have notifications enabled for the EVgo app in your mobile device settings
- Recommended for: Charging and some account notifications
- Helpful tips:
- From Google support: Control notifications on Android
- From Apple support: Use notifications on your iPhone or iPad
Manage notifications on the EVgo app
- From the landing page, tap the menu icon (☰) in the top left
- Select Profile toward the bottom of the Main Menu panel
- From Your Profile Screen, select Notifications
- Locate the notification you wish to adjust
- More on notification options
- Tap the notification method to turn it on or off
- More on notification status
- More on notification methods
Confirming the notification status on the EVgo app
Most notifications will default to active when available. You'll need to tap the notification method under a specific notification in order to turn that notification on or off. More simply: Tap any blue settings to turn them off, or tap again to turn them back on!
- Activated notifications appear blue (Session Started - Push)
- Deactivated notifications appear black (Session Started - SMS)
- Unavailable notifications appear grayed (Failed to start - Email)
Notification options in the EVgo app
In the EVgo app, you can manage notifications for:
- Session Started
- Failed to start
- Session ended
- Your Account:
- Password change
- Payment failed
- Credit Card expiring
- Autocharge+ Car Confirmation
- Plan ending
- RFID Program Card suspended
- Statement available
- New RFID Program Card sent
Manage notifications on the web (account.evgo.com)
- In the upper right corner of the screen, hover over or select Profile
- Select Notifications
- Click the notification method to turn it on or off
Confirming the notification status on the web:
You can then click the type of notification you'd like to receive. Green icons confirm active notifications and gray icons are inactive.
Whenever you make any changes to one of these sections, be sure to select Save Changes below the part of the account you have just updated!
Notification options on the web:
- Charging complete
- Start charge
- Stop charge
- Charged failed to start
- Billing and payments
Article is closed for comments.