Public fast chargers are different than chargers at home or in workplaces. The connectors differ, and there is more to know about troubleshooting with higher-powered chargers. Many manufacturers know this and will provide resources for you related to using fast chargers.
We always recommend taking a few moments to do some research before your first time at a fast charger. You can:
- Ensure EVgo will work for your needs, like your location or vehicle:
- While EVgo is expanding, we may not currently serve your area.
- Our fast-charging network is typically not available for standard hybrids, and plug-in hybrids are usually limited to Level 2 charging only. Our connectors work for vast majority of battery EVs, but there is a chance you may have a special vehicle! Learn more about our non-compatible EVs.
- Review your vehicle's Owner's Manual for details about using the fast charger ports
- Search online for resources, like videos or community forums, where EV makers and other drivers provide valuable insight into charging experiences (luckily the EV community loves to share!)
- Check out EVgo's EV101 to learn more about EV charging: https://www.evgo.com/ev101/
- We have EV201 to learn more about EVs and EV301 on fast charging is coming soon!
- Create your EVgo account ahead of time!
- You can enroll in our Pay As You Go plan for no monthly fee to get started (more on plans here: Select your plan)
- Adding your vehicle will ensure you only see locations that suit your charging plug needs
- Having your EVgo program card ready and activated always makes charging easier!
Already signed up for EVgo and looking for where to start?
Check out our Get started with EVgo guide!
And if you have any other questions or need additional support, please contact us! The EVgo Charging Crew is available for urgent issues by phone 24/7, 365 days a year at 877-494-3833. If you have any non-urgent questions or feedback, submit a request! Our team will get back to you within 1-2 business days on any matters.